French gastronomy brings us to the discovery of a typical dish of the south-east of France. The Tian of vegetables of the sun that we will prepare today is a typical dish of the region of Provence, it is an easy recipe to make that you will discover.
The origins of Tian
The recipe takes its name from the utensil used to cook the tian, a cooking dish that was found in the Middle Ages in all Provencal cuisines. This Provençal specialty is originally composed of vegetables baked, however other ingredients are added according to the regions.
For 4 people you need:
- 2 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 bouquet of thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 cl of olive oil
- 150 g of mozzarella
- Fine salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180o
- Wash and peel the vegetables
- Slice a clove of garlic
- Cut the vegetables and cheese into a slice of the same size
- Rub the bottom of the gratin dish with the other garlic clove
- Alternately arrange vegetables and cheese tightly
- Repeat the process until filling the whole dish
- Salt and pepper the device before spreading thyme and bay leaves
- Sprinkle with olive oil
- Bake the dish for 30 to 40 minutes
Depending on your tastes you can accompany it with meat or fish.
Enjoy your meal !